In this episode of "let’s talk", Aidan and I take an in-depth look at the role of purpose and vision in transforming organisations. We discuss the need to unlearn old biases (as individuals) and rethink structures (as organisations) so as not to be left behind in a very fast moving world. Also up for debate are the importance of having a long-term vision and “putting in the hard work” to make change a reality.
The main insights you will get from this episode :
- The importance of a long-term vision with innovative experiments along the way helps to both foster exploration and build resilience for inevitable highs and lows
- flexibility and an adaptable mindset are key to changing both individuals and organisations
- education must shift to include 'new' skills such as communication and collaboration so that there is both less resistance to/fear of change and less small-minded 'protectionism'
- risks are essential for change and changemakers must have support (from the top in organisations) for change to be successful
- visionaries must be rewarded, respected and empowered - the earlier this happens the better
Enjoyed the show?
It means a lot to me and to the guests. If you enjoyed listening then please do take a second to rate the show on iTunes. Every podcaster will tell you that iTunes reviews drive listeners to our shows so please let me know what you thought and make sure you subscribe using your favourite player using the links below.